New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Monday, February 19, 2007

Nevada views

I made the drive from Logan to Turlock, California in 1 day, it took about 13 hours with bathroom, lunch and gas breaks. It was a long haul, but parts of Nevada were deserving of pictures snapped through the windshield. The route across Nevada to CA is a bit barren, but there were always signs of civilization. I passed through Reno during the daylight hours, so I didn’t get to see the neon lights. And, as I came across the Donner Pass into California the landscape changed immensely to evergreens and 3 feet of snow, as drove through the Sierra Nevada’s. (I didn’t get any pictures because the crazy Californian drivers were going 80 mph on winding icy roads – good thing I’m from NY =-)


1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger heidiann(e) said...

hello, great big sky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home