New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Saturday, December 30, 2006

A few patients


I've had lots of cows as my patients, but the calves are always the cutest and most photogenic.

On my Orthopedic Surgery rotation, I had lots of equine patients and did lots of leg wraps. Here I am with Jane going outside to get some sunshine - we both needed it.


Curiosity


Jersey calves ~ little fawns.


Before New Zealand, I completed the Quality Milk rotation. We got to take a field trip to visit various barn types and milking parlors. This was one of my favorite stops - look at these lounging ladies, so comfortable!

"Spike" my favorite Ophthalmology patient - the little guy had bi-lateral cataract surgery. He came to Cornell blind and left with a new outlook on life. The surgery is preformed in dogs, similarly to the way they are preformed in humans (similar to my surgery). And, dogs also get intraocular lens implants with the surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home