New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Rites of passage

On Saturday, I will drive to Vestal, NY which is an hours drive south of Ithaca to take my veterinary board exam. All fourth year veterinary students in the US & Canada sit for this exam, better known as the NAVLE – North American Veterinary Licensing Examination. The test is 360 questions and the time allotted is 6 ½ hours. The test is administered at a Prometric testing center, so the exam is computer based, similar to the GRE (Graduate Records Examination) that I took prior to applying for vet school. I’m overwhelmed by the task that lies ahead, but I am hopeful, that the powers that be at Cornell University have designed a curriculum that will make me prepared for what lies ahead. The test is open for 4-week period and a handful of my closest friends have completed that exam unscathed, so I am hopeful. The exam covers all species – dogs, cats, pigs, sheep, llamas, alpacas, goats, cows, horses, chickens, hamsters, rats, mice, lizards, turtles, snakes, parrots, budgies, apes, etc.. (you get the picture). So, you can only imagine the facts and figures that are floating through my head. I know that I am capable, but I can hardly believe that this day has arrived and I look forward to its passing. Most importantly, I am “confident of this, that he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” – Philippians 1:6

4 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger w. said...

good luck! i know you'll do great. especially with the alpacas (my personal favorite)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Griffen said...

Will DEFINITELY be praying...

There, I just did. And will keep on through Saturday.

Break a leg.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger heidiann(e) said...

i'll be praying, too.
i can't wait to catch up again soon.

XO!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Griffen said...

SOOOoooooohh? How did it go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home