New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Senior Week

The final week of vet school prior to graduation at Cornell is Senior Week set aside for festivities that bring together the entire vet school class. The week was pretty much filled with one barbeque after another and we saw so much of our classmates, that there were times when you couldn’t wait for it to end. But on a more nostalgic note there were times to reflect on the four years and how far we really did all come in our learning and friendships. Our class started with 86 individuals and I believe that we graduated 81 veterinarians. It’s a number small enough that you know everyone and groups are formed, some may call them cliques, but I was fortunate to find a group of girls that made the experience much more than just academic.

The week started with the Honor Banquet where distinguished individuals from our class received awards based on primarily their academic achievements. I succeeded in spilling the mango sauce that was on my chicken on my dress within the first 5 bites of my dinner, some things never change. I did receive an award strangely not associated with my intended career path at all, the Pfizer Clinical Proficiency Award for Small Animal Dermatology – go figure? The award included a gift certificate to purchase veterinary textbooks, for which I’m excited. The event was held at the Staler Hotel located on Cornell’s campus, our table kept the wine flowing and we even moved the party downstairs to the hotel bar once the awards ceremony had concluded – a classy bunch.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger heidiann(e) said...

that red dress looks ravishing on you!
and, congrats on the award.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home