New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Horsechick gets Hitched

Easter weekend, my good friend and fellow horsechick from Camp Brookwoods/Deer Run got married in Greenville, South Carolina. It was a whirlwind weekend, flying from Albany to Greenville. In the midst of the weekend I was also studying for my California boards exam, so I wasn't able to partake in all the festivities. I did attend the bridal luncheon, wedding ceremony and lovely reception, where I got to meet Melanie's Sweet Briar sisters.

Melanie & I travelled together to South Africa to attend our friend/horsechick friend Suzie's wedding. Unfortunately, Suzie was unable to attend Melanie's as I hear she expecting (congrats Suz, you were missed).
The pre-wedding bridal portrait - stunning (minus the reflection of the lights, camera, & window). This custom is something that is lost on girls/brides from the north.
The cake

And, cupcakes!

And, white chocolate wedding bells!

Just a small taste of the numerous bouquets of flowers at the reception.

Mark & Melanie cutting the cake.

The bride & I.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger heidiann(e) said...

what a PRETTY cake!

i wish i could get married again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home