New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Work Truck

To those of you who received my new address postcard, this picture should look quite familiar. A few of my postcards were returned to sender, so I got to see what they looked like, and I was quite pleased with the way they turned out.

This is my work truck, a 2002 Ford F-250 extended cab, with a Bowie vet box, parked in front of my apartment. Since setting my sights on becoming a large animal veterinarian, I've look forward to the day when I would get the keys to my very own practice vehicle. I've been enjoying my truck thus far, it doesn't have a name yet, but it does have good radio reception and a CD player. The brakes are a little dicey, but that could be because I'm used to the cat-like reflexes of my new Honda. The truck is trustworthy thus far, getting me to and from calls and back home at night. The clinic owns the truck, pays the insurance and I fill it up with gas at the clinic - perks of the job.

Sometimes people passing me or being passed by me, look surprised to see a girl behind the wheel and when I'm singing loudly, dancing in my seat to the radio, I think they are further perplexed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home