New Roads to Travel

The Adventures of a Vet at Home and Abroad

Sunday, August 19, 2007

A place to call my own

The apartment search from across the country was mildly difficult, but it the end, it worked out great! The wife, of the large animal associate who Greg & I had replaced at Lone Oak, helped me find housing in Visalia. She came across a management company that manages a bunch of apartments in a housing development and she looked at a few of the apartments and thought that 2603 was the best, so I took it, after only seeing a few pictures in an email that she sent me. She also went to the extent to visit other complexes in town and gave me the pros and cons of each.

In the end, my apartment is only 10 minutes from work when I drive the speed limit. I have my own garage and a parking spot next to my garage for my work truck. I have a little back lawn and a back patio. The former tenant was kind enough to grow full-sized and cherry tomatoes that were coming ripe just as I moved in. She also planted a variety of herbs, that have recently gone to flower, they were sort of lost on me, given the fact that I have yet to give into something called cooking(?)
The back patio. I envision a table with 2 chairs coming soon, I just haven't found a set I like yet.
The driveway with neighbors (Pam & Anna's) garage, then my garage next. The open space parallel to my garage is where I pull my truck in at night - it abuts my back lawn.
My own garage, it keeps the dust and dirt of the valley off my car.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger heidiann(e) said...

how nice!
... so you mean to tell us you're getting to work in about 35 seconds, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home